Fall / Winter 2019/2020
As an additional service Port Sidney Marina is proud to offer yacht monitoring. We keep the marina staffed year-round 7 days a week and will be offering our customers two levels of yacht monitoring, the ‘Standard’ and the ‘Premium’ package. We will provide customers with detailed feedback on the state of their vessel throughout the year. Customers will receive a completed checklist emailed each week, and with the premium package customers receive APP based real-time data delivered directly to their mobile device.
Standard Package Includes:
1. Check bilges/pumps/float switches
2. Check electric heaters/dehumidifiers; ensure safe placement and power supply
3. Check shore power connections; ensure power source and inverter are on
4. Check dock lines & fenders; adjust as needed
5. Check vessel exterior and canvas; refasten as needed
6. Check dinghy; drain as needed
1. Check engine and generator oil and coolant levels
2. Check water in batteries if wet cell; add distilled water as needed
Note: Equipment and materials needed shall be charged separately.
*The collected data will be displayed on an easy to read form and emailed to customers once a week
In the event of high winds, PSM will perform additional checks of lines, fenders, and deck equipment as needed to ensure the vessel is secure. Emergency checks and work will be performed at PSM’s discretion due to high winds, snowfall, subfreezing temperatures or loss of power. Any necessary preventive actions that are unique to your boat will be billed at an hourly rate. For instance, forecasts of freezing temperatures may require that boats with water makers have the fresh water pump turned off and any fresh water lines above the waterline drained. PSM is not responsible for weather-related damage or loss.
Premium Package Includes:
Same as above plus:
Premium Package (additional)